Membership is by invitation only to the eighth grade students who qualify in the areas of scholarship, leadership, character, citizenship, and service. Students will be evaluated by a faculty council before an invitation to join the Society is given.
Induction will be once a year.
Standards for Induction to the National Junior Honor Society:
- A 92 overall average in all classes.
- No more than one “N” in conduct per grading period.
- No “U’s” in conduct, no conduct reports, no ISS assignments, no more than 2 detention assignments per semester.
- Exemplary signs of leadership, character, and service.
- A member will be placed on probation for failure to maintain an 85 overall average in core subjects each six week period.
- A member will be placed on probation for non-participation.
- A member will be placed on probation for failure to maintain the qualities of leadership, character, citizenship, and service.
- A member will be dismissed if his/her overall average drops below 70.
- A member will be dismissed for having 2 “N’s” or a “U” in conduct, a conduct report, or an ISS assignment.