James Bowie Elementary • 2200 Clayton Street
James Bowie Elementary School was built in 1955. The school was named for James Bowie, frontiersman, politician and a fighter for Texas Independence.
Bowie Elementary replaced the old Cedar Bayou Elementary School just after Cedar Bayou ISD and Goose Creek ISD were consolidated in March 1954.
The two districts became one and the name was changed to Goose Creek Consolidated Independent School District.
The school was rebuilt under the 2005 bond issue. The new James Bowie building was opened January 2008.
Fred Hatchel was the first principal.